Share Your Recovery Story
In today’s world, social media is a very powerful way to offset the demeaning and sensationalized stories that the media often shares about individuals who are struggling with substance use and mental health disorders. To promote recovery in Wisconsin and empower our recovery community members, we want to show as many faces and voices of recovery as we can across our various social media platforms. By sharing your story you can help eliminate shame and secrecy, connect isolated individuals to people they can relate to, challenge deeply rooted stigmas and help facilitate a positive conversation about addiction recovery in our community.
Recovery Story Sharing Guidelines:
- Include how long you have in recovery (can be in general or specific)
- Briefly include where you were at your low point
- Briefly describe what helped you get through
- Add a few points of encouragement: What helpful insight have you gained to share with those who are still struggling? What do you do today that helps you maintain a healthier lifestyle?
- Keep your overall story within 200 words or less. Yes, we want it short, simple and packed with power!
- Find an image to help tell your story. This can include a before and after photo or just an after photo, whatever you feel most comfortable with. The file needs to be a .jpg or .png format.